Saturday, March 12, 2011

Treading Water

I realize that the inception of a blog probably won't be profound or perfectly written so I should keep it simple. I'd like to start off by writing where I stand today and what I hope to get out of typing up a lot of my inner thoughts.

In short, I feel "aight". I am generally content with how I look and act. I like the giant steps that my faith has taken to get where I am at. I am doing a decent job in school and preparing for future trips to Haiti. My relationships with my friends and family are good. (Mkay, it's okay to yawn, I'll break the monotony in a sec).

On the flipside, I often feel very far behind from the person who I truly want to be! I am a hard worker, but some days I stand in front of the mirror evaluating myself and feel like all of the potential I see in myself is just stored up in my hair somewhere afraid to come out:
-The pages of my bible could probably receive more love, and I wish I would just pray more often.
-I am doing okay in school, but I have yet to ace a single test this semester.
-My gut sticks out a teeny bit more as a constant reminder that I should probably hit up the gym.
-I want to make moves in Haiti, it's a team effort and I'll need some money. Consequently...
-I need a J-O-B!
-I dress kinda frumpy, and I'm 18. It's time for a change!
-I love hearing from my friends and family but I have a funny way of showing it: Sometimes I text/call back with lightning speed and other times I just don't.
-Love life: It's non-existent.
-The only thing that I am certain of is that God has given me a good heart. I'm quite thankful for that.

Living in this slump has become very redundant. It's as if I'm in the middle of the ocean, just treading water. I'm doing everything in my power to keep my nose above the water, and for what?! ...Just to stay afloat. The problem with this is that even though I'm still living [I mean I haven't drowned yet], I'm really not getting anywhere by doing this. However it does take great strength to tread water for a long time. Likewise, it takes a strong person to keep fighting to reach their full potential and ultimately their purpose.

So I do want to begin this blog by stating that I am a diamond in the rough. I am currently working on myself, crafting my talents and trying to not just get used to this life, or simply "take things day by day", but really live it out to the fullest. I know that I need help, advice, and courage to see my dreams fulfilled, but I AM going to make it with the help of my God, family, and friends. I'm using this blog as my canvas, and hopefully some readers can relate to the things I write.

I suppose this post is just a DISCLAIMER: The following content includes complex thoughts, ponderous topics, possible personal growth and the occasional SAT vocabulary word. Read at your own risk. 

1 comment:

  1. I really like it Maya .. i'm reading it and i can hear your voice ! BEAUTIFUL .

    ReplyDelete